stripes on a 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tramahor, Apr 10, 2002.

1. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

ok guys I have to ask, whats the best way to make stripes with a 21" mower, I have a commercial snapper and a toro proline. I did a serch and I found lots of set ups with chains for the walkbehinds. Just wondering if anyone had any info on making them for the 21" Thanks in advance:eek:

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Stripes Like This???[​IMG]

i used a chain striping kit i made with a piece of preforated angle iron, with about 8' of chain, thats bolts to the back of my lawnboy[​IMG]
    i am going to add more chains to enhance to effect though.

3. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

There was a ad in one of the turf or pro mags for a roller that is filled with sand that fits 19 to 21 inch mowers for stripping. the company is inventtec and sells for 49 bucks.

4. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

How cool is that? Love home made stuff that works good. It looks like it should have a sign on the back that says"Just Married" LOL

5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I just double cut and it looks like a mlb baseball field with my John Deere 21" 14SB walkbehind.

6. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Vipermanz:

What kind of grass is that ? St. Augustine ?

7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

put the rear wheels up an extra notch and mow i get some good stripes from that no chains needed

8. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

thanks for some good info guys, keifer do you happen to remember their web site. I would tend to go that direction for fear of getting the chain stuck and having the toro handle go into my stomach or even worse........ ouch!!!! thanks again

9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i believe it's in the transitional stage between rye,and fescue, but not sure exactly:confused:

10. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

tramahor i dont have it on me but when i get back home tonight i will find it and email you.It is a cool little set up.