1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stripes ruined by True Green

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Picked up a couple of residencials next door to each other this week and cut them for the first time yesterday. They are two high end homes that back up to a golf course. I study the best way to stripe them and went at it. When I finished and was loading my equipement True Green pulls to spraying just one of the yards. They had that funky blue dye in with the chemical. When the guy got done you could not see the stipes on that yard. Man it hurt my feelings because it looked pretty good considering the grass is just starting to come out. Oh well, I guess I have the rest of the summer.
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

That would drive me nuts, but like you said there is always next time!
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

It always bothered me when the fert guys would come in with their riding sprayers and mess up my artwork. I guess they're just doing their job. It just doesn't look as nice when they get done.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have had the similar problem before. It just really chokes your goat
  5. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

Big friken deal, you will be there every week, they will be there maybe 3-5 times!

But it would make me mad none the less!

Just like the way those leaves cover up all my stripes in the fall! Chaps my behind...
  6. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

The blue dye is called Tracker. Fert companies use it to see where they have sprayed. So they dont spray the same weeds twice and waste product. I wouldn't take it personally. In the long run they will make your artwork look better by killing all the weeds in the lawn.
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I would take it personally as to not selling them a fert package in the first place. I know it is one thing after just mowing to go and mess up your own stripe puting fert down but to have someone else take money out of your hands and you letting them. HMMM. I would work on trying to get that fert program.
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

just be glad its only a temp. mess-up...it will look just as nice next week.
  9. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I dont mind them running over the lawn and messing up my stripes, but it makes me mad when they go to fast on their turns and rip the lawn up. Rrrrrrrrr, that makes me mad.