Stripes???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shane Nelson, May 14, 2001.

1. Shane Nelson

Shane Nelson LawnSite Member

How do you put those deep and light stripes in your lawns.I have two 54" deere wb. Is there a special kit i can by to make better stripes,If so where?

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome to Lawsite.com...you about the 10000000000000 person to ask about stirping..either do a search in this forum or goto Erics web site..he explains it all there also http://www.elmlawnsite.com

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this is off subject but it was funny seeing a person that registered in NOV. 2000 be welcomed by a member who joined last month. That tells those who are afraid to respond to come out of the "wood works" and let their voice be heard. It will benefit you and us as an industry.

4. Shane Nelson

Shane Nelson LawnSite Member

I guess that response was a little off the subject, there is a seperate forum for that.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Shane-your deere WB's should stripe without modifications,as long as your cutting about 3" or higher.Try mowing in a pattern,back and forth,and the next week-go in the same exact spot,same direction,this will lay the grass more,giving the striping effect,now after a few mowing's go 90 degrees to the first set of stripes,and then alternate each week between the different sets.I have up to 4 sets on my lawn,just remember to go the same direction,and in the same exact spot each week(for that set of stripes),and the stripe will get better and better with time.Good luck.

6. ChadsLawn

UMMMMMMMMMMMM lone star if that sarcastic remark was to me,im not afraid to respond to anything...I didnot read when he joined..All I looked at was the NEW MEMBER thing.

7. ChadsLawn

Well its been over an hour so i cant edit that post..

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

LOL, that's the first thing I noticed also.:)

What type of grass are you mowing? Mowing grass high as John said and not allowing the deck to overlap an already mowed stripe will help.

9. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I made a set for my deere.I seen it in erics website. Here is a pix.I hope this helps you

strip kit1.jpg