stripes

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ransomes, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Ransomes

Ransomes LawnSite Member

hey guys this is the only account that seems to come close to looking ike stripes, what do you guys think?

stripes.jpg

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Are you using a striping kit? It looks good.

3. Ransomes

Ransomes LawnSite Member

no kit just a regular 21inch Honda

4. shortgrass01

shortgrass01 LawnSite Member
    from SC

As an x-Golf Course greenskeeper... Striping grass depends on two things, sun direction as ur looking at it, and the type of grass your cutting.
    the key to getting nice stright lines is picking a spot on the other side and dont look down. think of it as you aiming your gun, dont move your head or eyes. trust your spot that your looking at once you get the first pass made your golden.

Shortgrass

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

not too bad.. Make yourself a little roller kit for the rear. Just make sure it doesnt get in the way of your walking.

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Those aren't stripes. Those are wheel marks.

7. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

No hes got stripes there, those down south lawns are hard to stripe good job man.

8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Wheres yours?
    Yes the wheel marks show more(more weight on the grass). But I can see stripes also.

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Why do 21 stripes fade from left to right? I don't use a 21 so I don't know, just asking.

10. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

you know i have noticed that and have never found out why. it happens to me alot with my 21.