Stripes

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

I see posts and pictures about all these stripes but how do you guys do them. I know you can get a strippingmkit but is there any other cheaper way?

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Deck pitch can play a big role in your mower's "natural" ability to stripe, if you're not having good results check to see if your pitch differs from what the maual says. If it's the same as it tells you to have it in the manual, try increasing it about 1/8" at a time and check how well it cuts and stripes (could take a couple fo tries to get it right). All in all it'll probably take a little bit of time and/or money to get it to stripe better.

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

nmez21 i forget which it is but its either the front or the back is supposed to be lower by 1/8" to a 1/4" i think. I think it is the front is supposed to be lower isnt it?

4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

stripping kits are a waste of money in my opinion, although they do a good job its just that my mower does almost just as good

5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Correct, the front should be lower.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

My bobcats stripe great w/o any kits. Striping you can get the hang of pretty quickly. If you think about what your doing to much your line will be wobbly, were as if you just do it it will be nice a straight. its hard to explain lol.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

thats the best guide!

9. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

can i make stripes with a WB?

10. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes you can i for get who makes it i think hustler may make a sulky that doubles as a striper looks like a neat design not sure how it works but looks cool