stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hewitt64, Jun 2, 2002.

1. hewitt64

hewitt64 LawnSite Member

Is there any way that i can make the stripes stand out more? I use a ferris 3 wheeler with 61 inch cut.

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

If the yard is small enough, I like to take a broom and go over it again. Makes it look more "Professional"

3. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

hmmmmmmm.....first trucks, and now brooms to make stripes. What is next, rakes? Or how about using your blower, electric handheld of course, to lay down thick stripes.

4. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Pulling a broom over a yard...very professional looking!

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

do a search on the subject... lots of people use chains or the new striping rollers.

6. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

No, I do not do it on customer's lawns, only my own. I read the broom thing in Picture Perfect, a book by the Head Groundskeeper at Boston.

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Picture Perfect That is David Mellor's own lawn and he uses a broom to make his stripes to stand out.

4126331.gif

8. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

David Mellor uses a Simplicity Legacy tractor w/ rollers to stripe.... kick ass book though, "picture perfect".

And he does use a broom to bend the grass... but only on the ball fields that require intricate designs, not on his own lawn.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

when you say brooms, do you mean push brooms? I never thought of that, that is a sweet idea for small intricate designs. I dont' think i would've thought of it myself.
    cool......that book is next on my list.... i've wanted it for a while but didn't get it for some reason...

10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

My wife bought me that book for Christmas. It is great!

Did I mention that my wife is a pretty good gal??? :)