Stripes

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brayzon Landscaping, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Brayzon Landscaping

Brayzon Landscaping LawnSite Member

LOL i misspelled it twice...STRIPES...AND THERE IS A SPELL CHECK THERE TOO..LOL

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It looks like you had some Christmas Cheer!

Merry Christmas!!
    John

3. Brayzon Landscaping

No i was just in hurry right before i posted ...Merry Xmas to you too! Do you know anything about striping a lawn?

4. John Gamba

from ct

Some;)

797reas.jpg

5. Brayzon Landscaping

well how do you do that...i have a 37 inch Toro walk behind. Can it be done with my mower?

6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

it can be done with yours to some degree, but ultimately a bigger mower will do a better job...what you want to do is go back and forth to create the 'stripe' look...if the grass is long, it becomes difficult. The next time you mow, you can mow perpendicularly to create a checkerboard look. Notice in the picture the stripes carry to the driveway...that shows he drove and turned around on the blacktop for a cleaner look

7. John Gamba

from ct

I dont think you can in warm season grass. You should find someone from your area that has tryed.

Merry Christmas!
    John

8. John Gamba

from ct

9. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for showing us the "whole Picture" haha...Merry Christmas to you too! Here in upstate NY you can do that on many lawns as well...it helps a lot if you do them often in the same pattern for like 1 month, then switch the next

10. John Gamba

from ct

Or just get one of these!

stripingkit.jpg