stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barefootlawns, Oct 28, 2004.

1. barefootlawns

barefootlawns LawnSite Member

i am wondering how to get stripes in my yard

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

striping kit helps...

3. barefootlawns

what is that

4. The LawnSmith

The LawnSmith LawnSite Member

There are several websites that explain striping and sell somewhat universal striping kits for most mowers. Try Big League Lawns for example. I think they have the universal kits. I'm not recommending them, just one of the companies I remember. There are plenty others out there.

5. barefootlawns

K Thank You do you know if they are hard to use

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

you just attach them to your mower and mow....it's as simple as that

7. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

there has been numerous threads on this subject. Do a search and you will find everything you need to know about striping.

8. The LawnSmith

The LawnSmith LawnSite Member

As BMF said, there are many posts about striping, there are several patterns you can use, but you have to take into consideration that it takes more time than a standard mow, and the appearance doesn't last that long. If it is a weekly mow, it could be worthwhile, and another consideration is the type of grass you are mowing. Cooler grasses are more succeptable to striping. Warmer grasses are more difficult. I have been pondering the idea of buying a striping kit for my John Deere for a few lawns here in Alabama, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort or time. I guess if the customer wants it , or if it will work well in your area, its a worthwhile purchase. You can either use my comments or dispose of them in the round file, Anyway, thats my comments on striping.

Mike

9. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

LAWNSMITH-----I beg to differ with you. My stripes last all winter and when i get there in the spring there there. I dont know what you mean by they dont last that long. And it takes no longer to mow laying a stripe than not. Actualy my mower cant mow without laying a stripe. Please tell us what you mean.