striping any one using rubber ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodney, Jul 1, 2002.

1. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

any one using rubber for striping kits ?
  2. Have you tried it yet?

Anything will work if it lays the grass over.
  3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

No but I hear mud flaps and old tires work well for striping kits. I started a roller striping kit this weekend and it's nice! Too bad I don't have a digital camera yet.
  4. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

yes i have been using a piese bolted to the deck for 2 years now .i get great looking stripes but today .i learned i wasnt getting the most enhanced stripe that i could get. until i had just got done cutting my lawn and went to wash the ztr and i let the deck down and the rubber was holding it up and one of the kids took it to the barn when i was done and forgot about the deck being down now that made the best stripe it ever made, even with no blades turning so i rised it up just alittle and went over the whole lawn again with out the blades turning wow even greater stripes.
  5. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

Please start using some punctuation. Your giving me a headache trying to follow what your saying. :dizzy:
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I use a mud flap attached to the back of the mower.
  7. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

We started using rubber carpet runner (just like grandma used to have in the living room) it seems to be working real well

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Confucious say using rubber good way to avoid lawn disease.
  9. Season 2 Season

Season 2 Season LawnSite Member

Isn't that to light? I am going to try a belt from the coal mines. Friend of mine went to see his dad this week and his dad is going to grab me one of the old ones. I'll give it a tryand see if it works.
  10. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

im not quite getting what you are saying rodey, because of the puntuation problems but i manged to decipher some of it.

You have a piece of rubber (dont know what kind) and you lowered your deck. the rubber got stuck and it held up the deck. your kids drove your mower to the barn with the rubber holding the deck up. it left a nice stripe, so you turned on the blades and did the whole lawn again.

Is this anywhere near what you are trying to say? Please help me understand.