Striping bar for Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pace lawn care, Mar 25, 2001.

1. pace lawn care

pace lawn care LawnSite Member

If I get a striping kit for an Exmark, will you be striping every thing you mow? Can you raise, it or remove it quickly as not to have to?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you buy an Exmark, you'll be striping everything you mow anyway. Yes, it is adjustable, but it continully hits the top of the grass, even at the highest adjustment.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Runner, Pace,

What are we talking about here? A striping kit offered by eXmark? It is adjustable? Is this the YSM eZStriper that I have? I'm a little confused I guess.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Tom,
    Yes, I was reffering to the York striper myself. It's the only one available that I know of. I would like to make my own, only have it a little closer to the Dixie kit with the chains. Even though they drag continuously, they are still much simpler and probably more durable than the roller.

5. Guest

I think that if you have something dragging all the time that it would give you an uneven look by bringing up last weeks clippings. I find that the EZ Striper rolls the grass down and isn't abrasive on the lawn. YSM redesigned their brackets for the striper so it has more adjustment for mowing at a lower level.

6. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Do those striping rollers ever catch on water meter pits or the such? Looks like chains would be better in this fashion?

Peace!

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The EZ-Striper roller is very much like the anti-scalp rollers seen under the deck of most non-eXmark mowers. They hang about a 1/4" lower than OEM anti-scalp rollers and go all the way across the deck. Only if I lower my cut to say...less than 2.5" do I notice that it hits irregular ground obstructions. And when it does, it just rolls right over them. Very good quality and workmanship!

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got my EZ striper in the mail not too long ago, looks very well built. I'm excited to see how it works.

9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

can't wait to get 1 just waiting for this months bills to come in.

10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I took the picture of the Ez striper to my welder(fabricator) he built one almost exact for $115.00 couldnt see paying 250+tax+shipping for a stainless tube, 2 bearings, and two plates. Exited to try it out