Striping Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigcountry01, Jan 24, 2007.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

I have an exmark 48'' wb. it stripes decent but i wish it looked a little more defined.any ideas besides a striping kit?

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, cut no lower than 3 1/2" (preferably 4") and make sure your blades are ALWAYS sharp. :usflag:

3. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

raise blades and lower deck

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If you use a sulky, add a rubber flap(similar to what's on the back of a push mower) to the back of the platform. With that, you'll be laying out some nice ones!

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Sir, This is a Tennessee only thread! Please mind your business. lol just kidding of course.

6. mowers1

mowers1 LawnSite Member

IF YOU RAISE BLADES AND LOWER DECK YOU WILL EFFECT AIR VOLUME UNDER DECK AND USUALY HAVE POOR DISCHARGE AND WINDROW PROBLEMS - I SAY CHECK ENGINE RPM TO BE AT 3650 TO GAIN BLADE SPEED, REMOVE MULCHING BLADES AND GO TO HIGH LIFT THEN SHARPEN BLADES EVERY 40 HOURS - KEEP EDGE ON BLADE AT ORRIGINAL ANGLE TO KEEP THEM SHARP LONGER AND USE LESS FUEL, THEN IF NEEDED INSTALL A RUBBER DRAG ABOUT 1" OFF GROUND ON BACK OF DECK IF YOU WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE A BALL FIELD WITH STRIPES

7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Stop yelling w/the all-caps. :nono: :nono: :nono:

8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Make shure your deck pitch Is set up right...should be around 1/4" lower on the front. Check your manual for the specs.

Do a search on Homade stripers...lotsa of us guys have played around with chains, mud flaps and rollers.

9. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I have chains on my super z and it lays down some real nice stripes.

10. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

pictures would be great. how do u do the chains? just loop it and let it drag?