Striping in Florida ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Synergy Ground, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Any of you Florida guys running striping kits?? Is it possible and worth the expense of the kits to try and stripe Centipede, Bermuda,Bahia, Etc.. I don't even know if its possible with our type of grass. I sure don't see much of it done here.

Thanks,

TD

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I don't run a striping kit, but I can get faint to moderate striping on bahia and St. Augustine on certain lawns. Really depends on the a few things, some weeks are definitely better than others even on the same lawn.

3. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Keith, Same thing here. I can get decent stripes on good lawns, just wondering how much better they would be with a kit. I saw another Hustler with home made kit. Looked to be a piece of cold roll steel with heavy chain all across the back, dragging the grass down behind the mower. They had it mounted to the back frame. Did'nt have time to ask how it worked, so I really dont know. Anyway, thanks for the response.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If you decide to buy one, make sure you keep us updated. I've never seen anyone around here with any kind of kit, so I am kind of curious as well.