1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striping Kit: AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Aug 8, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have found a striping kit available (for Exmarks anyway) It looks like the same one that Guido has a pic of on his web site. Exmark just E-mailed me and said THEY don't have one BUT here is where you can find it. The site is: http://www.yorksheet.com/prod02.htm This is a fully greasable stainless steel roller that replaces the rear anti scalp rollers and goes all the way across the back of the deck. Avail. in 52, 60, and 72" widths. The first one to find out the price, please let us know!
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I checked the website and my lesco 48 stripes as nicely as the stripes in the photo. no roller used.

I will admit,however, that I'd probably have trouble keeping lines that long as straight and consistent as those in the pic. but that's not the mowers fault.

check ericelm's site for more striping pics. no rollers used.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a number of factors that affect turf striping:
    Height of cut
    Turf type
    Regularity of mowing in the same direction

I think the turf roller is a good idea and it cannot but improve striping.

I think it's important to note that commercial cutters almost always care more about striping than do your customers.
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the Pro-Slide for my 52" Scag walk behind and it does 2 jobs in one. Gives me a ride and defines the stripes even more than the Scag already does on its own.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Geo, I can surely understand what you mean about the stripes in the picture of the site. This looks like an ordinary cut to me. Why they used that is beyond me. I'm sure this product has much better results than this. And the pics on Eric's site were without a roller being used, but he has the chain type. (Which seems like it would be better anyhow.)
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a costomer who always bitches about my striping! He says he hates the light green stripe and can i please cit his lawn without striping it. I will not do it. I have found that costomers that are golfer love my strping and also are the ones that request aerating before i even mention it.
  7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Only 2 pictures on my site were mowed with the stripping kit. The bottom one on the first page and the one on the stripping page. All the others were taken without it on. I just got this kit.
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

i notice with my DChopper that the lower I cut the worse the stripe,especially at 3" or less.but with my steiner i can cut at1 1/2"and get a deep stripe because of its full width roller.
  9. I gotta get me one of those babys for my 62" Toro that I use on the sports fields.

I sould be able to adapt the 60" model w/o much problem.
  10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lawrence, Toro now has a striping kit as a optioin to go on a 62inch deck.