1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

striping kit for 21" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigrig1, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bigrig1

bigrig1 LawnSite Member

Thought I would share w/ you guys the striping kit for my 21" I made. First I tried chains and it got heavy and I kept backing up over the outside chains making turning difficult so I went to a tube design. A kit is around $60 so I'm sure I saved a few bucks.

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Looks good.. But, is that a jx75? How do you like it?
  3. bigrig1

bigrig1 LawnSite Member

It is a JX75 and I love it. I bought it in 98 and used it strictly for my residence. Then I started a mowing business and used between bushes and accounts with parking lot islands. Now I'm out of the bus & am using it for my yard again. If I had to guess in terms of residential mowings, my guess is that it has over 10 years of regular residential use on it and it has had no repairs needed. The only thing I've ever had to do is oil, plug, grease the zerks and replaced the drive belt once. Totally worth the $850 I paid for it. My friends thought I was crazy when I paid that kind of money but it has lasted 2x most nicer residential models and mows better. Talk about getting your money's worth. Also they sell a screw on oil filter kit that I put on this one. Pretty cool, it's like a car oil filter.