Striping kit for 22 inch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueangelfightr, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Blueangelfightr

Blueangelfightr LawnSite Member

Where can I get a striping kit for a 22 inch walkbehind. I had a site and now I can not find it, also what kind of Redmax edger should I get. I want Redmax because I like my blower and I like my dealer. Thanks. :)

2. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

22" What? The only 22" walk are crap. Do you mean 21" Like Toro/Exmark, Honda, Deere, Ariens?

3. Blueangelfightr

No I mean 22, gonna buy a craftsman. 7 hp 22 inch self propelled. And that is the site that I was looking for. Thanks alot.

4. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

lawnstriper.com
    looks pretty good, does not make the mower any better though.

5. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Lol, a person who wants to buy a Craftsman and then a striping kit should rethink their decision.

Spend the money on a better mower - you'll be more satisfied. Craftsman - aka Crapsman are terrible mowers and I know from experience.

And then you start talking about expensive edgers . . . ?

IMO, spend more money on a good mower and get the edger later.

Seth

6. Blueangelfightr

I'm not gonna keep this mower for long I might but a 48 inch in like 2 years. Out of high school and on my own. I'm thinking of getting a better brand though.

7. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

You'll always need a 21" for small areas and such. What kind of 48" are you thinking about? How many properties do you maintain?

I assume the striping kit will also produce better results on a better mower.

Seth

8. Blueangelfightr

I don't have alot like 5 but I plan on getting 10 + next year. I am only in 10th grande. Actually I want a Gravely 48 w/ floating deck. I like the mower and the price.

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Dan, i can help you out some, i hope. im in 11th grade, i started last year in 10th, with my dakota and a 21in mower and some cheapo JD equipment.

if i were you.... advertise some, about 1000 or so flyers, just try to get 10 from flyers. and do really good work because those 10people will tell 20 of their freinds that you do good work. trust me, it WORKS. i started cutting in april/may, i only had 6 accounts when i started and a pos cub cadet 21", now, 5-6 months later i have 50 accounts, 2 trucks, 2 trailers, a 50" dixie, a 48" exmark, and a bunch of other stuff....

my advise to you is, get the craftsman, and get some good edgers and weed whips. the craftsman will last you probably 2 years, just make sure it has a bagger, at the end of the year like this you can probably pick one up for around $250.

so anyway, get a cheap mower that bags and does a decent job, get good weed whips and edger, and a good blower.

then hopefully if you do good work, i promise you your customers will double more then you can belive it.... also, CUT ON WEEKENDS, perferable SATURDAY, you will gain more accounts by people just seeing you. and if you have a truck, spend the $60-$100 and get it LETTERED!

anyway, just do that, and then save all your money for about 3 or 4 months until you have a couple grand, and to be honest with you, just cut with the 21" until you have so many accounts you have to get a bigger machine....

to be totally honest with you. i kind of wish i just got a good 21" mower and a nice hydro and a decent enclosed trailer instead of getting everything i did...

anyway, good luck, and i hope that helps!