Striping kit for 54, NOT?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by David Grass, Apr 29, 2005.

1. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer said that Hustler does not make a striping kit for the 54 walkbehind! Why????

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It has never really been needed, that mower stripes well without a kit.
    Also, there is no where to mount a kit on our wb's.

Pj

3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

David: it’s not very hard to make a striping kit for the Walk-behinds. I made a chain striper for my 54’’ SWB, its virtually indestructible and will lay the grass over even in deep rut’s. I installed it between the wheels so the chain wouldn’t interfere with anything and look professional. If you are interested I can take some pictures and give you some details.
    Jeff

4. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, it does a pretty good job, i just wanna up the ante. guess I will have to make my own then or, I heard that someone is designing one for it, but it wont be out for another month, so maybe I will wait. I think one of your engineers could come up with something.

5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

My Swb doesn't stripe for ***t. My ferris stripes 100x's better. It does cut very well though. I do wish there could be a speed setting. It would make it easier to control- less to do while mowing.

To those with wb's- how long did it take for you to get used to the machine. My wrists are sore after a lawn or 2. The front end is also bouncy- I think I need to add some weights to the front end. I 'm still not used to the bull rider- I don't think I would buy one for the other SWB. ThANKS jOEL