Striping Kit for a Walker GHS System ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Lawn, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Anyone out there got any ideas of how to make a kit to put a striping kit on a walker GHS system ?? If so , please send Pics. Thanks

Pro-lawncare.com

2. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Waler is one of the best stripers out there, But if you want more i thoust of making rollers in front of the deck

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you put a roller in front of the deck, it will lay the grass down and not cut it right.

4. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

It will if you mow in reverse..... :)

My Walker stripes just fine the way it is.

Jim

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Wasn't this in another thread?

What don't you like about the way a Walker stripes? I'm not being a smart a$$ but I am confused. You using a GHS deck (which I have) and I have people commenting all the time about how good it looks.
    If you are looking for a single stripe type of look (like DC- see ERIC) then you have the wrong mower.
    Walkers GHS striping comes from the opposing rotation of the blades on the deck along with the placement of the drive wheels and the tail wheel. A single tail wheel gives better stripes than a dual system but the single can tear turf on tight turns. A tail lock kit will give straight lines.
    If you look at DC's they have chains that drag along to comb the turf and give that single stripe look. Its all a matter of personal preference. I can tell a Walker stripe all the time.
    Good Luck

6. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

I have a Walker with a 48 GHS deck and 54 side discharge. I have no problems with either deck striping. we have never done any thing to them except keep the blades fresh and sharp. It gives off a very distinctive cut and customers are always pleased when using Walker on their yard.

Kevin:blob3:

7. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Dont get me wrong, i love my Walker, it does deliver a great looking lawn. But after seeing Mr.Elms Lawn Pics i think theres always room for improvement.
    Pro-LawnCare always seeking better ways to please our customers.

Thanks for the input guys .

:blob3:

8. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

MY BAD on the rollers thought to quick

Where can I get a tail lock for cheap
    any one have one how do they work, do you like it, worth the $$$