striping kit for Kubotas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tilawn, Mar 30, 2008.

1. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

I currently run 3 ZD326S mowers with 60 inch decks was wondering if anybody is using the new striping kits kubota offers? Also is the purchase worth the money? I kind of feel they stripe pretty decent on their own but was just wanting some other opinions:):)

2. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the kit for my Kubota, 72" cut machine. I thought it was just a roller that was to be attached to the deck, turns out it actually has these arms hooked to it that raises and lowers the roller when you raise the deck. Trick is getting it installed right so it doesnt bind up when raising and lowering. I had quite a few problems with mine, binding up, and it actually fell off a couple times, because the bolts backed out. Right now i have it off and need to replace the c clips that hold the betrrings and shaft in the roller housing.

When its working properly it stripes great, much better than without. The roller is tough and heavy. Its not a simple task to put it on, requires some time. I wish it was like the striper on my cub m60, simple and great working! Dave

3. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

thanks for your answer Dave. I have had the old ones as well and was completely stunned at the deisn of it. I actually took it off after 2 weeks and never used it again on my old style mowers. way too much maintenance and labor to put it up and down. But with the new ZD they have a new style that i hear is suppose to hook to the deck and raise and lower at the same time etc. But want to know itf the new one is worth the money before i spend another 300.00 or so on it

4. Toad

Sorry , you must have misunderstood me . Mine is on a ZD331 with 72" . It is the new striper that I have. Not the old one. It mounts to the deck.

5. Toad

Hey, im gona see if i can find the post i put on here a month or so ago. there is a pic of my daughter sitting on the machine, you can kind of see the stiper if you look. I think the title is ZD331 stripes.

6. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

ok that would be great thank you for the help

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Get some belting cut 5" wide and length of deck. Let 2" hang below back edge of deck and bolt in place. Does a great job of stripping and very inexpensive

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

i have to agree with the above post.

I have bought 2 striping rollers for my Deere ztrs. The problem I have found is that they have to hang too far below the deck to be effective. But when you constantly have to back over curbs, you end up putting stress on the mounts and eventually something breaks. Both my roller kits have been sitting in the shop unused for a couple of years now, I got tired of replacing bolts where they have sheared off. I don't use anything for striping, just high lift blades, seems to work well. But if you need something to enhance the stripe try belting or chains. JMO

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

good idea meg mo dude, very ingenious

10. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

yes i like that idea. Maybe a silly question but how long does that last before having to change? Also how much does something like that cost and where do i get it at? TYIA