striping kit for super z??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by imograss, May 24, 2003.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i would like any info. that is available for striping on the super z. ive tried doubles but the blowout isnt worth the small improvement in striping. im also not wild about the chains. i e mailed big league lawns and they said they dont have anything so far. any other ideas?
    thanks
    tim

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our engineering department is working on a stripe kit.
    I do not have any info on when it will be ready for production, and I have no pricing info.
    Sorry....
    I will let everyone know as soon as they are ready for sale.

Later
    Pj

3. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

about one soon as now that I have one for my Surfer I couldn't live without it.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

pj
    just curious if you can tell me if the striping kit for the super z is a roller, flap, chains?
    thanks
    tim

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is not chains.
    They are working on a couple different prototypes.
    Thats all I can tell you for now.

Later
    Pj

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I made a kit for my Super z with a rubber flap (converyor belt). Mounted the kit to the black bracket that the back of the deck hangs by. I utilized a 1-1/2" perforated square tube and mounted it to the TOP of the bracket. I actaully sandwiched three pieces of rubber for extra rigidity. Had to cut the rubber flap to fit around the bracket in four spots. There was not enough room to mount the unit under the bracket. Unit works pretty well - would prefer a roller though.

Shayne

8. plowboy81

plowboy81 LawnSite Member

WLLD, do you have any pics of the mower or the stripe it leaves? I just bought my first super Z and would like to improve the stripe. What kind of blades do you run and do you run doubles?

9. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I put a rupper flap on the back of my deck a few months ago helped alot but not as good as a roller.

stuff-126.jpg

10. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

No pictures - let me see if I can get some.

I am running doubles - Gator on the bottom and stock Hustler on the top (had to get a bolt 1/4" longer). I have read somewhere here that Bobcat offset blades work good.

Shayne