striping kit help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i just put a striping kit on my bob cat 219. i thought this would improve the looks of my lawns but it dosen't help i still don't get any striping on my lawns. what shcould i do

2. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

What type of grass are you cutting? What height are you cutting it at? and how much are you cutting off?....Chuck

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Stupid as it may sound, just to check though, you are cutting each path (stripe) at the opposite direction of the other correct? If you cut in the same direction it will all be lying the same way so no stripe. Again, not to be stupid but just to make sure.

4. Mowerboy04

i'm not shure what type of grass i'm cutting i'm cutting the grass at 3in and i'm cutting a little less then 1/3 off

5. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

The next question is same as MMLawn. Are you cutting each stripe in the opposite direction???

P.S. I run all snapper equipment and do not need and extra striping equipment to get good stripes...Chuck

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Type of grass, direction of travel, tire pressure, type of blades, deck pitch all contribute to the striping. It's unheard of for a Bob-Cat to not stripe even under the worst conditions. I personally believe the BC walkbehinds produce the best looking cut out of the box but, the Z's also stripe very well. I'm stumped why you're not getting the striping effect. By the way, are you using gator blades or high lift blades?

7. Mowerboy04

no i am not using gator blades do they help?