Striping Kit Problem on Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by heliman02, Jun 14, 2004.

1. heliman02

heliman02 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I just got my striping kit for my month old Mini Z and put it on. When I was loading the mower on the trailer I got stuck because the striper was hanging and the tires were spining on the pavment. Today I almost got stuck in a ditch because of the striping kit. I was wondering what other people use for a striping kit and if others have this problem. Will my dealer take the kit back???

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have it up as high as it will go? Give it some time and you will love it!!

3. heliman02

from USA

I do have it up as high as it will go. Will the striping kit get more flexible with use. Thanks

4. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes just takes some time...................

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

How steep is your trailer ramp ?
    How steep was the ditch ?
    I have not heard of any hanging up.
    I will pass this on to our product service team.

Pj

6. heliman02

from USA

My trailer has a 4 foot ramp and is about 16 inches off the ground. I am going to give it a couple of weeks to see if the problem gets better. Thanks!

7. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

The stripe kit on my mini-z does the same thing.......:mad:

8. heliman02

from USA

I hate to say it, but I am glad to see I am not the only one having this problem. I have been dealing with this problem for over a month and every one I talk to gives me a different answer. If any Hustler reps are out there please help me! I hope someone some where is working on this problem!!!

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was told today that they are aware of the problem and are working on the solution.
    I will update everyone here on LS when I have more info.

Pj

10. heliman02

from USA

PJ, do you have any idea how long it will take before the new kit is ready? Hope it does not take as long for the new kit as it did for the first one. Thanks for the info!!