Striping kit question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by UrbanGreen, Mar 8, 2008.

1. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

I am in the middle of building a striping kit for my tthp. What I need to know is, about how much weight does the kit need to have to lay good stripes but not harm the lawn? I have searched all over the forums but cannot seem to find out. I am using boat rollers in my design and they weigh roughly 15lbs. So when I add the rest of my hardware just wondering where I should be with it.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Those boat rollers should work great ....Does your design look like a BIG LEAGUE roller ?

3. UrbanGreen

Yep. I have seen how others on here have taken the bigleague design and made it work so I figured I can do the same. I have my design just no clue on weight.

4. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

What mower/width of deck are you putting the striper on??
    My 'striper' is 45" wide, weighs about 40-45 lbs. if I had to guess....

5. UrbanGreen

For now I am trying it on my 36". Seeing how it works I will then do one on my 48". 36" costs less to make while I am experimenting. I think the total length will be about 30"-32". From reading the other forums you are suppose to make it few inches narrower than your cutting deck for overlap.

6. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, mine is made for my 48" deck as well.... good luck with it! I am anxious to try mine out this summer, noone in our area uses a striping kit whatsoever... so we will see how it works?!! :cool2: