striping kit setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MILSINC, Mar 4, 2007.

1. MILSINC

MILSINC LawnSite Member

I am getting a JD ztr in may, and I am thinking of a striping kit setup.. In my area, I guarantee that nobody else has anything on their mower other than a stock roller.
    Any ideas on what else is on the market? Home made fab jobs? what about the new scag striper setup? does JD make something similar, or is it universal?
    thanks in advance... the ability to really stripe well will actually set me apart from the comp. in my area (believe it or not) !

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The hanging chains are still by far one of the best ways to go.

3. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

What I did was built a home made one on the back of my 737. The pictures that I attached were from someone on this site but mine looks just like it. I am planing on making a roller for behind the deck beck this setup doesn't allow me to get up on some steep hills.

Attached Files:

4. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i bought my striping kit from deere. pretty expensive, but it works on multiple models. so if i sell one mower, i can put in on the new one.

although expensive, it worked a lot better than my homemade rubber mud flap i built. striping makes a big difference here also. this house is the only one in this development with stripes, well, except 2 neighbors, but i mow those also.

Picture 116.jpg

5. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 LawnSite Member

How was the Rubber Flap Stripe?

6. Travis E

The stripes are ok but not near as good as the one shown with the JD striping kit shown above.

7. Travis E

Hey DeereHauler, do you have any close up pictures of the striping kit? I'd like to make one because I feel that it would still be worth experimenting since the JD ones are $350! Thanks in advance!!

8. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Can't you get a long, threaded steel bar and put some flat boat rollers on it with some spacers between each roller? I was gonna try that this summer.

9. dad

dad LawnSite Member

If You Plan On Saving A Buck Please Do So. But Don't Do It In A Non Professional Manner. Most Of Us In The Mowing Industry Are Trying To Look Professional. We Don't Want To See Anyone Using Cobbled Together Products On Their Equipment To Try To Get By Instead Of Using The Right Ones. This Will Only Lead To A Lowballer Look.

I Myself Get Tired Of Spend Good Money To Be Commercial And Have All These Dickheads Think, "gee I Have A Lawn Mower So I Think I Will Mow Commercially And Do It For Peanuts Because I Don't Have Any Overhead." This Cobbled Up Equipment Reflects In The Look Of The Job.

I May Be Rude, But I Think We Need To Use The Correct Part Designed For Our Equipment. It Will Work The Best.

10. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

You're a fool. First, for the stupid capping every first letter. Secondly, because what did everyone do BEFORE Exmark FINALLY made an OCDC? I had an aftermarket one for it. What did everyone do before Exmark made their speed-up kit? They put their own pulleys on them.

I run several Exmarks, employ several workers, use uniforms, and I am hardly unprofessional. I can prove that. The only thing you have proven is that you work for a manufacturer or are a moron.

Which one is it?