1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

striping kit uses

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Blessed 1, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys who use striping kits leave them on all the time? How about during the winter months when we are doing more leaf clean ups than cutting grass?. I had the choice between a striping kit or a mulch kit with my 04 Exmark and would you believe that no one here in SW Ga has ever bought a striping kit? The dealer thought that I was crazy(but then again it was like that when I oedered the anti blow out baffle too) Thanks to this sight I can stay knowledgable about whats happening all over the world. Thanks in advance for the feedback. By the way I chose the striping kit because I use the Ultra Vac. What does Exmark recomend?
  2. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have to make a decision today on whether to install the kit now or wait till the spring. Please help!
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Blessed 1,

I would install the striping kit now. YouÂ’re kinda in an area where you can get both southern and northern grass types I believe. The striper will work on both but it does take more time to "train" the southern grass types. You may find that the striper actually works a little better on some of the southern grasses as fall approaches. Often this time of year some grasses become limp and don't like to lay in a uniform pattern after they've been cut. The striper can help clean up the appearance of the grass my laying more of it in one direction after being cut even if it doesn't stripe as nicely as it does in the spring.