1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striping Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Jun 1, 2002.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Can you make your own striping kit for a mower? If so, could you tell me how to make it? :confused:
  2. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Just made one today for my Turf Tiger. I'll post some pixs tomorrow. Gotta let the dig camera recharge.

Oh. and do a search on "Striping kit". There's a boatload on this site.
  3. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

yeah im interested too i would like to fabricate 1 for my toro proline
  4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Jet Boater ...Please post those picks of the striping kit for the Turf Tiger. I have a Tiger Cub and I am interested in doing the same if your idea looks like it will last.

P.S. It appears that on the Tiger's the rear anti-scalp rollers would act as a striping kit by bending over the grass. I guess you would have to have the deck set pretty low for that to work though..dunno
  5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Jet Boater.. I forgot..do you have a bagger for your Tiger? I was thinking about the Spindle mounted unit but I am not sure if it's worth the $1200.00?
  6. All you need to do, is take an old tire and cut it up and bolt it so it sticks down 2" lower than the back of your deck.

That's it and very very cheap.
  7. Jet boater

I got the commercial version of the cyclone rake for my Turf Tiger.

I thought about the spindle driven type, but I didn't want anymore HP being pulled away from my deck. I also wanted large capacity so I didn't have to empty often. I do think some other poster here have had good results with the spindle driven models though.

While the CR is heavy duty, I don't know how it would really stand up to commercial use. I'm just a homeowner with a large lot that like to mess around with my mower.

I'll post the striping pixs today.
  8. Mowmyyard

Mowmyyard LawnSite Member

I have a 50" and 72" DC and have been looking at a striping kit also. Would love to see those pic's. Thought I'd experiment with black plastic edging before I invest the cash.
  9. JimBo Why that? This type is all on the unit and dumps from the seat.

10. Jet boater

Goto new post

"Striping kit for Turf Tiger"