Striping Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WEEDEATER, Aug 28, 2002.

1. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

How many people use striping kit or is it waste of money.

2. REO

REO Guest

I use them on both of my eXmarks. Check out the results of using them on the eXmark home page. Click onto striping kit and then click on result of using the kit. You be the Judge.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The Striper that REO speaks of is what I have on my Lazer. Works great, but is even better as a full width ANTI-scalp roller. No more scalping berms or high spots. Also gets rid of the two rear OEM anti-scalp rollers and allows tighter closer trimming on both sides.

The Lazer striped pretty well without it, but really defines them with it.

Some of my lawns haven't been cut in over a Month due to the drought. The stripes are still nice and defined though!

Whats that wet stuff falling from the sky???

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

my older model lesco 48 stripes quite nicely without any kind of kit so I wouldn't spend the money on one.

it also helps to have nice grass to stripe!

GEO

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Tls said:D

6. REO

REO Guest

Another feature that I found that the EZ Striper has is it feeds the leaves in under the deck when I back over them to grind them up in the fall. It seems to act like a conveyer and I can back over piles of leaves ( 18" - 24" high at least ) and with my Director in the closed position, they are History!

7. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Instead of spending the $300 plus dollars for the strping kit for my Lazer i thought i might be able to get an old conveyor roller with bearings and all for pretty cheap. Do yall think this would work? Also, what is the width on the striping kit that Exmark sells. THanks yall, Bill

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I guess you could make one yourself. It would really help to have one to model off of, but it could be done.

The YSM/Exmark roller spans the width, and mounts between the rear antiscalp wheel mounts.

9. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

TLS, What i am planning on doing is taking a roller from a 40 inch steel conveyor roller with the bearings already in it and putting it in. I think it will work. What i meant by width was what diameter pipe it was. I think a 2 inch pipe will work but i just wanted to see.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If You are going to Use a 40" roller on a 60" Deck It Might Leave between The wheel's And the roller What would appear To be Uncut grass.

You Might whant to weld Two Of them together. A 40&20 To Get 60 Or The Measurement That you Need.

But It's Easier to Get One. You Do Have To ajust for different Heights Of the deck.
    Hope this help's John G.