1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Jun 5, 2011.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of making my own striping kit, I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on what stripes best a rubber one or the rolling kind. TIA for any input.

2. 360 Lawn Service

360 Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I tried a roller from Jungle Jims. This roller was junk. I installed rubber material of the back engine shroud on my Bad Boy. It about 1/4" off the ground on level concrete. Works great!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

They also have some good video of the equipment they sell. So you can see it work before purchasing it.

5. tm14930

tm14930 LawnSite Member
    from nj

6. POWER STROKE

Thanks everyone for your input and info. I went with the rubber kind, I started it today and got off to a good start just gotta paint it and I'll be all set. I will post pics when I finish it. Thanks again for your help.

7. rwreuter

rwreuter LawnSite Member

8. POWER STROKE

As promise guys here should be a pic of the finish product, I went with a rubber striper all I got to do is paint it. I should have some pics of the stripes tomorrow. Thanks to every one for your help and input.

100_4018.jpg

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

waiting to see the stripes pictures

10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

if the rubber flexs to easy wont make a nice stripe a stiffer rubber works best 1/2'' thick