Striping Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys who use striping kits leave them on all the time? How about during the winter months when we are doing more leaf clean ups than cutting grass?. I had the choice between a striping kit or a mulch kit with my 04 Exmark and would you believe that no one here in SW Ga has ever bought a striping kit? The dealer thought that I was crazy(but then again it was like that when I oedered the anti blow out baffle too) Thanks to this sight I can stay knowledgable about whats happening all over the world. Thanks in advance for the feedback. By the way I chose the striping kit because I use the Ultra Vac.
  2. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Got any pictures of those GA stripes yet?
  3. Blessed 1

My dealer had to order the kit. Supposed to be in tommorow, however I was considering waiting till spring to install. Evidently no one here uses the striping kit.
  4. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

I would think to leave it on, even in leaf mulching.
    That way you also leave stripes.:eek: :D .02.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I realize this isn't really answering your question, but why did you choose the striping kit? The mulching kit costs more to add on later. Not only that, but you can build your own stripping rollers for next to nothing. I would call the dealer and change my order. Do a search on stripping kits and you'll find step by step instructions on how to build one.
  6. Blessed 1

I have a mulching kit for my 48" and after 2 weeks I took it off. Too much double cutting with the country bahaila grass at a lot of my props. Mulching kits work great on good quality centipede or St Augustine, but on country grasses they are a joke. I am going to be reinstalling it soon for fall cleanups but I will never mulch with my 60" because I use my Ultra Vac too often. 95% of my properties here are cut every 2 weeks. That could be the difference too on why mulching kits are not as popular here.