striping kits for walk behinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Jun 30, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

all i see on here are for the Z mowers......... do they have any wide length for wb? for a 48 bobcat. fixed deck. i was looking today, where would you put one a wb, there almost no clearance between the deck and the tires.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You Can Squeeze One Between Deck & Tires on the eXmark Walks...& They're OEM !

roller.jpg

3. SIRCAESAR

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

Hello Fareway Lawncare, where do I get a striping kit for my 48" Exmark Metro? you mentioned Oem? who sells them? or do i need to get the turf tracer's striper and make a different mount for mine"s , your suggestions are welcome..

4. JPLAWNSERVICE

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

I have never seen a kit advertised for the metro or any fixed deck models. You might be able to build one if you really wanted one but I believe that with the fixed deck it would be more likely to hang up your mower on high spots if it was built rigid. If it was spring loaded or something that might work ok.

5. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Check this web page out. http://www.bigleaguelawns.com/

I bought one about 1 1/2 ago for my 48" metro. I had it set up so the roller had more freedom of movement when I went up and down on my trailer. It lays awesome stripes. It does cost some $$ but I thought it was worth it.

Shawn

6. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

C & T,

What size did you buy for your 48"? I have a 48" and am very interested in buying one of these.

7. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

Hey C & T,

I looked at that striping kit before for w/b. If the roller width goes to the outside edges of both tires and the 48" deck is wider than the tires, wouldn't the roller not be striping the entire 48" that you cut?

Granted I know you are going to have some overlay, but I would think that the roller can't be 48" wide so part of the stripe would be enhanced with the roller and a few inches on either side of the roller would not. Wouldn't that make the stripe looke a little funny?

8. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Johnson, and RobH, I believe I ordered the 42" or 45". I will measure it tonight and post it later this evening with pictures. The web site is different than what it was a year ago and I believe they said to order the roller at least 2 1/2" smaller than the cutting deck. I mainly use my 52" Turf Tracer with the Proslide right now so it's been a while since I used the roller from Big League Lawns.

The only problem I had with this roller was that I couldn't use my Jungle Wheels due to turning was prohibited. The Jungle Wheels hit into the roller when turning.

Shawn

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

fga,

someone recently posted pics of a homemade stripe kit on a 36" bob-cat w/b. It was a rubber flap bolted to the frame behind the wheels.

I've been wanting to do something similar for my 60" bob-cat.

Do a search, you'll probably find it. Might have been posted by "Tharrell".

good luck

10. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Here are some pics of lawns that I used the roller on. The light and angle of the pic doesn't showe the stripes as well as they looked in person.
    There are several home made kits on this site like GreenMonster said. There was one that somebody made from partsout of McMaster Carr I believe. Do A search on McMaster Carr and it should show up.

Shawn

Attached Files: