striping kits on 21" mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbia, Feb 11, 2008.

1. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

Anybody use striping kits on 21 inch mowers? Didn't realize they made them that small and they are pretty cheap (20-40$) Just an Idea and wanted input. Thanks

2. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I do not think I would waste the money most 21 inch pushers strip pretty well due to the rear flap that is on them for saftey. If you want to inhance striping ability on a push mower use a 21 inch peice of black xast iron pipe and secre it to the rear flap. Of course that is all I ahve done for even my bigger mowers.

3. mowwmann

mowwmann LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Anybody use striping kits on 21 inch mowers? Didn't realize they made them that small and they are pretty cheap (20-40$) Just an Idea and wanted input. Thanks

who sells these

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure that I would go this route - can't get a better cut and stripe with 21" as is and like packey said the rear flap seems to do the job.

5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen them for sale at Home Depot. I believe you are supose to fill them with sand for added weight, but I have heard and read on this site that they dont perform all that well. Not sure if it is worth the cost.

6. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

I have also seen them at home depot, and I think you would be much better off making your own.

7. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the time 21" stripes don't even look that good. They are too narrow and make the yard look really chopped up. Just my opinion.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I have one of the 21" stripers that I got for free. I have never put it on my mowers becaue both my hondas came with a big rubber flap in the back and they stripe pretty nice.

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I can't take credit for this idea because I heard it on this site, but I'm probably going to try it. You fill the round tube part of the rubber flap with sand or something heavy and plug the 2 ends. Hope this helps someone and thank you to whoever gave me the idea.

10. mowwmann

mowwmann LawnSite Member
    from Midwest