Striping kits???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 4curbappeal, Jan 9, 2006.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the Ferris Striping Kit? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

There's no way I would spend the money they want for one when I know I can build my own for less than $50.

3. rave

rave LawnSite Member

How can you build it please tell me:) :) :)

4. work_it

There's a number of ways to make one depending upon what materials you want to use, and how much you want to spend. Some stripers are made out of chains, some out of mud flaps, some use small roller wheels while others use long rollers. It also depends on the machine you're building it for. The mounting brackets are going to vary from brand to brand and from rider to w/b.

5. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Please elaborate.

6. work_it

Here's a rough draft of one that I'm planning on building for my Scag TT. Just need the time to fab it all up.

lawn striper.JPG

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I paid close to 300 dollars for a checkmate kit and it was the first and last kit I will buy. It is neat because it does look HOT but for all that money there is a lot I could've done different. Live and learn, build it yourself or buy it ready-made, I prefer saving 200 myself but that's just me...

I posted a thread sometime ago where I built one for my 48" Toro for around 80 dollars or so in materials (I think it was), took most of the afternoon because it was a first time thing and you can see it got dark in the pics but... Well anyway, here it is:

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=116589

p.s.: if you read through the thread a bit, there's a nice-looking kit built for a Hustler, same basics but a little different design.

p.s.s.: work_it's looks interesting. I'd like to see how that turns out.