Striping kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NBurke3652, Nov 20, 2007.

1. NBurke3652

NBurke3652 LawnSite Member

I seem to find myself double cutting every yard that I cut. I seem to be a perfectionist when it comes to stripes and I can't leave the property unless I can perfectly see the definition of the stripes. I have pretty good equipment ....I run a 61" Scag Turf Tiger with the advantage deck(it doesn't stipe as well as the velocity deck and it does have rollers but does't seem to work as well as I want) I also run a 52" scag hydro WB with the velocity deck and it stripes pretty well, and a scag belt drive 36" WB with the advantage deck.. Do you all suggest any type of makeshift rollers that I can do myself to any of these mowers??

Also, I am a small business that is growing little by little each year. I have about 32 accounts and 1 other employee that I pay by the hour.. I am looking to buy some sort of quick Books program.. Which do you guys suggest.. the 2008 pro or the 2008 simple start..Like I said I am fairly new to all this so I am leaning towards the simple start but need some help.

2. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

We use Quickbooks Pro 2007 and it does everything we need it to. The tax reporting is great and very easy to use. For a small guy starting out, this is all you need.
    As for the striping issue, do a search on this forum and you'll find volumes of questions, answers and suggestions.
    Good luck with the business!

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag offers a striping roller for this mower which looks like the best around, check it out on their website. Have you looked into it?

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try the belting. It is cheap and works. Try Gopher for your bookkeeping.

5. Cheapscapes

Cheapscapes LawnSite Member

Have you tried cutting the grass a bit longer?..say 3" to 3 1/4".. you might get more bend out of the grass.. i have the scag ztr 48" with rollers only use the rollers on my high end costumers or where im looking to add more accounts in a neighborhood. in most cases i stilll see the lines even after a week..all depends on how fast the lawn grows.Quick books is very good..and easy to use once its set up my .02$..... Oh and make sure you blades are Sharp!