striping kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Dec 10, 2001.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i'm going to try making a striping kit for my honda hrc216's. has anyone tried this? if so what seems to be the best way to go about it? i'm going to be using some pretty heavy chain but i'm wondering what size of chain would be the best. also how much chain should i be dragging behind the mower? i was thinking about a foot should be on the ground...

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

They are gimmics....I can take any mower and stripe. You dont need it just learn how to stripe the right way without wasting your money on chains or anything.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i've made one before i'll get a pic

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry about the quality, it was a quick pic

chains.jpg

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone using a chain striping kit (bought or home-made) have any problems with theirs? If you back up, does it interfere with the blades or are they too heavy to get "sucked up" if they went under? Thanks

7. LawnPro in NC

LawnPro in NC LawnSite Member

Using a 36 gravely W.B. It stripes O.K. But they don't last? Why?:confused:

8. oryano
    I use a stripe kit made for the dixie chopper by them and also a home made one for my lazer48 .Only problem and it is not a big problem sometimes sticks will get stuck in the links.
    The kit on the chopper helps a little
    The home made one on the lazer48 helps a lot.
    The lazer has always striped fair but after the chains it stripes great.

9. The stripes you see in lawns the darker ones are in blue grass.

Look at my site, click the marquee and you will see zoysia and fescue made with a stock Lazer or turf tracer

10. LAWNGODFATHER
    Are you useing doubles on your exmarks?It takes the chains to get stripes like that with our's