striping kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wattsup, Mar 18, 2002.

1. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any direct knowledge about striping kits that use neoprene or conveyor belts? I was going to build a chain striping kit, but the tires on my mower do not extend the entire width of my deck. There is a part of the frame that would be a perfect place to mount a chain kit, but I have the tire dilema. My service center says they can build a kit for my mower using neoprene. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is my tire dilema truly a dilema or am I just misinformed?

2. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

What type of equipment are you working with?

3. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

Unfortunatly, Snapper 61" Z Rider. However, I am currently considering buying a Gravely.

4. LAZERMAN

LAZERMAN LawnSite Member

Exmark sells striping kit for there machines and all it is to it is a roller, theres are made of stainless steel, that is attached to the back of the deck where the anti scalp wheels bolt on. but i dont see why a piece of pipe capped with a shaft out the end for a bearing to ride, then make carrier for the bearing to attach to the deck so that you can adj. the hight..

good luck, and happy welding

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.yorksheet.com/prod02.htm

York sheet said they can make these for any type of machines IF you give them the specs on your machine. Call and ask them. I love my striper and is extremly durable!!