1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Striping kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Aug 16, 2000.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Has anyone ever made a striping kit for a 21"? My stripes are pretty good but I want to improve them. Is there a company out there that makes them? Anyone have any ideas about an old fashioned homemade one? Thanks for the info.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

use a high lift blade and make sure the flap on the back is on there.

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

SCAG,
    I HAVE A 21" TORO COMMERICAL WB AND IT STRIPES GREAT. I DOUGHT THAT YOUR MTD OR WAL-MART SPECIALS CAN MATCH A TORO. REMEMBER, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. CHEAP MOWERS ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE THE QUALITY OF CUT THAT A MORE EXPENSIVE MOWER WILL GIVE. NOW THAT I BOUGHT MY WALKER MY 21" NEVER COMES OFF THE TRAILER EXCEPT FOR ONE LAWN. SHE SAYS NO WALKER, NEXT YEAR I SAY WALKER OR HIRE SOMEONE ELSE. ALSO I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT TIGHT ASSES, I LIVE IN A RURAL FARM AREA AND PEOPLE ARE TIGHTER THAN A VIRGIN. I CHANGED HOW I BID JOBS NOW. I GIVE THEM MY MIN.CHARGE THEN I TELL THEM I WILL KNOCK OFF $5.00 FOR A SENOIR DISCOUNT AND THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING A DEAL. NOT, I JUST UP WHAT I WANT 5 BUCKS AND THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING ME. HA! HA! WORKS FOR ME, MAYBE YOU COULD TRY IT. WORKS ON EVERYBODY ELSE ALSO, SAY YOU WANT $20.00 TO CUT IT, TELL THEM YOU WANT $25.00 OR $30.00 AND THEN BLOW SUNSHINE UP THEIR BUTT AND SAY OK I'LL DO YOUR LAWN FOR $20.00 THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING A GOOD DEAL AND YOU ARE STILL GETTING WHAT YOU WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. TELL THEM THAT PRICE INCULDES CUTTING,TRIMMING AND EDGING WALKS & DRIVE, AND BLOW. IT HAS BEEN WORKING SO FAR FOR ME. TOOK ME 2 YEARS TO FIGURE THESE TIGHT ASSES OUT. GOOD LUCK, MOWMAN

4. bucktail

bucktail Member

I dont know scag is not the trimming type

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Mowman-I have a Toro. Not a commercial but it's a Toro. I just want a very definate stripe but don't want to raise my cutting height. Everyone is giving me a hard time because my minimum is alot lower than theirs. Cheap people are very tough here...they're everywhere!

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Bucktail-Just because my customers don't want me to trim every week doesn't mean I don't want to.