Striping machines

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by RD 12, Oct 8, 2008.

1. steve18974

steve18974 LawnSite Member

no problem , I will get it for you ...

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

The Star liner or britestriper 1100 r both electric and both work really well. I personaly have never used The 1400 so i cant say how that works. I would think its safe to say that if u go past the 1100 that u should go right to the 3000 its airless and its gonna put down some serious paint.

3. Company Man

Company Man LawnSite Member

We have been using a machine from the Kromer company, they are kinda expencive but if you have lots of fields to stripe it is well worth the expence.http://www.kromerco.com/

4. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I have been using the same Pioneer Brite Striper since 1993 It has never failed to perform for me. All I do is clean it with water after every use and occassionally I will fill it with pioneer PHD cleaner and let it set overnight and rinse it in the morning. I always remove the tips and screens after each use and clean them with PHD cleaner.

I must admit that I completely tear it down at the end of each football season. I give it a thorough cleaning at that time and order any new parts I feel need replaced.

I also have an extra co2 bottle which makes it nice, fewer trips to the welding supply shop.

I like it because there are no moving parts to break down. If your striper fails you during football season you have big problems.

I think a new one runs about $1400.00 But I am not sure.

5. MAJBROWN88

MAJBROWN88 LawnSite Member

RD 12,
    The Toro Line Painter 1200 is an exceptional machine. It is gas-powered, has a 12-gallon capacity, 2-speed self-propelled, total paint flow control based on nozzle selection, and has an express clean system. Go to Toro.com and type it in the search box.