Striping Parking Lot How To Do It ?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by noseha, Sep 22, 2005.

1. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I have been re-sealing drive ways for a short time. I'm thinking of striping some lots next year small lots . bars, small restaurant,party store and doctor office . I have a lawn care and like re-sealing drive ways.I'm not afraid to buy equipment ! what does it take?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Don't laugh he have used a paint roller keep your lines straight rent 1 probally cheaper.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

back when i worked at the motel, we had a machine that held the spray paint upside down with a trigger and it was all on wheels, just measure out the lines, use a chaulk like, and roll the machine along the chaulk line pulling the trigger to disperse the paint....

4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I work part time for a guy who does some seal coating and have done many seal coating jobs on the side myself. The best lines youll get are either from a professional machine or from a paint roller and a bucket of paint. The spray paint and the little spray paint machine the previous member stated do work but i dont think the lines come out as great and the dont look as neat. If your going to do small lot lines just measure the spaces before and after seal coating, maybe take pictures of how things were so you can remember stuff like that can help. Get some marking chalk, mark out where you want to put the lines then jus stripe away. Good luck.

Jeff

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a professional machine , either an airless graco , or speed flow , or an air atomizing machine like a Kelly creswell . Airless run about 4500.00 and an air atomizing runs about 3 grand . Forget paint cans or the unit that looks like a bug sprayer . A good set of plactic stencils will run you about 600 dollars for starters. I run 5 machines , both types , we do about a thousand spaces a week .

6. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

My partner and i bought this paint sprayer for $1400.00 delivered it seem to work good her are some pic's of the machine and some line stripes.

Sprayer.JPG

Sprayer 2.JPG

Sprayer 3.JPG

After rear 2.JPG

After rear 3.JPG

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

How come the parking lot is so shiney?

8. DJ Contracting

The material i use has a bit of a sheen to it, most of my customers that like the look i have'nt had anybody complain.

9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

what do you use?

10. DJ Contracting

It's in the mix that i buy from my bulk retailer it is call Black Beauty