Striping Parking Lot How To Do It ?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by noseha, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Black beauty is the abrasive material that goes into the mix its ground up coal slag , its used for traction . If you are serious about striping and sealing , demo a line lazer by graco , some sherwin williams dealers carry the machine , its the caddy of stripers.

That unit you purchaced is the bug sprayer I was refering to in my previous post ,its a trusco , I had a school want to give me one that they used 1 time . It took them a week to stripe a lot with 1000 spaces . They had to thin the paint it only lasted 2 months . I told the maintenance guys it would be good for spraying round up along the fence line.
    We came in , sprayed all the spaces in 5 hours with 2 machines and didnt cut the paint , job still looks good 3 years later.

Go to get the real scoop on machines there . I still use air atomizing ( air compressor and paint pots ) they consider these machines antiques . But they still work . ( I have a 1973 model Wald that still works great) I also have 2 of the airless which are lighter and therefore faster .
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I have used this paint sprayer for two seasons and never had to thin the paint. I put the amount of paint (strained) i need and pressurize the tank to 80 - 90 psi and go. never had a problem. Now when the need comes and i have to go to a commercial one the i'll look into one, till then i'll let this one make me more money.
  3. DDT

DDT LawnSite Member