1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striping question and does anyone have a striping kit on their ztr exmark?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, May 1, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they worth it and what are the cons about them, also what is the correct way to stripe around a tree,i see stripes that look like they go right through the tree and am wondering how to do that correctly..can anyone help?
  2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have one on my exmark and i feel its worth the money. I also enjoy the fact it acts as an anti scalp roller on the for the whole deck. Head over to the scag website i know they have some pictures on how to go around trees. http://scag.com/lawnstriping.html There it is. let me know if theres any other way i can help and ill see what i can do.
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have one and it's a PITA......

If your looking for one for a 52" I may can let ya have it
  4. Prestigelawncare

Prestigelawncare LawnSite Member

I have one for my HP and love it. It just seems to define the stripe. I just posted a picture today in the pic's section. I got mine from a company off Ebay
  5. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

We put one on our 60" and it helped a lot. It will stripe good with out having to play with deck pitch. However we have ours at a 1/4 inch rake.