1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striping Roller and OCDC for my Lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, May 16, 2003.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Finally got around to getting some recent pics of my "EZ-Striper" and my "Director" on my Lazer.

Here is the roller pic.

3" diameter heavy wall tubing, could be stainless steel, don't see any rust anywhere yet. 3/8" thick adjustable brackets. Pan head allen wrench bolts and nylock nuts. Fafnir greasable bearings.

It is 1-5/8" off the ground at 3.5" cutting height. This allows me a comfortable 2.5" to 4" range without adjusting anything.

Best part is, the rear antiscalp rollers are removed and no longer get in the way when trimming up close around poles, etc.

Also VERY useful as a full length antiscalp roller for berms, etc.

This is an early rendition of what is now available from eXmark.

This was made by York Sheet Metal, and I was their first paying customer.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You can also see in the above picture the heim joints that I added to "The Director" OCDC.

Here is a picture of it in the full open position. It rests back over center on the 3/8" SS threaded rod.

EVERY MOWER needs some sort of OCDC. I couldn't see mowing without one now!

the director ocdc0002.jpg
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a pic with it in the "It's so Darn cold and windy, this will keep the clippings from blowing back on me" position!! :D

Also shown is my new ZERO-FLAT caster tires. More on them later!

the director ocdc1.jpg
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a picture of what I mean by increasing the trimmability when you remove the rear antiscalp wheels on the Lazer.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Trim side this time :)

6. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely the best accessories available for mowers.

Te rear roller made a big differene on mine....doesn't scalp nearly as bad.

The OCDC helps a lot in this wet grass....open it up to let 'em fly, close it to keep from blowing wet grass all over the side of a house or in a flower bed. :D

I wouldn't mow without either of them.
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just a bump for some of the new guys.

Wouldn't own a mower without these accessories.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've been wanting to build an OCDC to try on the Lesco Z-two for a while now. I have the plate material already on hand. Designing the mechanism and the proper blocker plate form to close off the opening will be the challenge.
  9. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same roller on my ZT225. The bearings are going bad in it and I need to get a new set. They're sealed and I wish like hell that I could have found a set of greaseable ones!

Other than that, it's a GREAT striping kit.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a YSM roller? These bearings are a universal bearing....nothing custom.