Striping Roller

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KTNC, Mar 14, 2002.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

How much is the roller option, and how effective is it? Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kevin,

The striping roller ranges between $299 and $349 depending upon which model our looking at. The feedback and response to the roller has been overwhelming to say the least. I've yet to field any complaints but have heard numerous rave reviews. It's too early to tell but a lot of guys feel that their customers like the striped look well enough that they will be able to land a few more jobs in the same neighborhoods that they are working now. The benefit is more time cutting grass and less time on the trailer. I also talked to a couple of guys that believe it may help them keep some of the contracts they currently have.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry

3. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I would love one to fit my 48'' Z. Is exmark planning on making one to fit in the near future? Harvestman

4. eXmark

Harvestman,

A striping roller is just one of many suggestions our engineering team as well as our product development team are looking at.

I'll be anxious to see what the next series of updates, new products and changes are myself.

Thanks

Terry

5. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

how far down below the blades does the roller come, or is the same hieght as the blades?

6. eXmark

Longview,

I just looked at the instruction sheet and also talked to a user last week on this subject. The instruction sheet states that the roller should be set 1/2" to 3/4" off of the ground for best results. The user I talked to last week said that the roller stripes to a degree at almost any height as long as it sits lower than the mower blade. The lower you set the roller the better it stripes. He also mentioned that setting the roller low in tall grass makes the most distinct stripe. This is one of the items I intend to do some more testing on this spring but the grass is still trying to green up.

Also take a look at the "how low to mount the striping roller". There are a couple of user comments that are pretty good.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Terry

7. eXmark

Hey Guys:

With so much talk about the E-Z Striper, I thought I would attach some photos which demonstrate how good this product performs in grass. The first picture is before the E-Z Striper went over the grass, and the second is after the Striper did its thing.

Just remember that different varieties of grass respond differently to the roller. The Northern grasses (i.e. - Fescue and Bluegrass) tend to stripe easier. You can stripe almost any lawn; some are just more stubborn than others.

Later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

football field no stripe.jpg

8. eXmark

Now here's a picture after the E-Z Striper has gone over the field.

football field stripe low res.jpg

9. eXmark

Here's one last picture. . .

ours.jpg

10. mqgreen

mqgreen LawnSite Member

Are there stripping roller kits for walk behinds??? Thanks. :cool: