1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

striping roller

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tmachamer, Nov 16, 2003.

1. tmachamer

tmachamer LawnSite Member

I want to buy a new O turn and want one with striping roller, What it looks like at the end is more important than speed. Would like to buy Hustler but they don't have a striping kit. does the Hustler super Z strip well without the roller? or does the Exmark with roller strip better? Help me out
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Hustler Z and Super Z stripe very well with out a "kit".
    Stock Hustler to stock Exmark, you would not be able to see a difference.
    Now if you put a roller on the Exmark, then of course the stripe will be enhanced by the ROLLER.
    We are working on a new striping kit, and when we are done testing it and it meets our standards we will release it, til then chain's work great, there are a few members that already use them on there Hustler's.

3. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

I have installed a Big League Lawn roller on my 27/60 Super Z and it lays down some awesome stripes. The only drawback is that the only place it would fit was just behind the two roller wheels ("wheelie bar" as my brother calls them) at the back of the machine. It adds about 7" to 9" to the back of the mower and you have to be careful as you turn or back up towards beds, lights and other landscape features. Other than that its great and once you're used to it its no big deal.

PS: To get one to fit properly you need the extention brackets from Big League.
  4. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

This is without a stripe kit! Super-Z

work and storm 019.jpg
  5. tmachamer

Ok, we will try the super Z
  6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have chains on the back of my super z, I think this is a pic of the stripes.

resized kanes b yard.jpg
  7. tmachamer

thanks for showing me pictures. I'm going to buy a super Z in the spring.
  8. tmachamer

could somebody show me what they mean by chains?(for striping)
  9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a pic. of my chain striper

440x332 superz chains&hitch.jpg
  10. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member