1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

striping rollers on eBay.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Feb 24, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

dude you love ebay waaay to much! haha
  3. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

He mentions that you need to get a striping kit the same width as your deck. So if you get a 48" stripping kit on a w/b, that would mean that the roller would be going beyond the rear tires for the rear tires are not as wide as the cutting deck. Wouldn't that also mean that if you back up the machine that the tires would roll over the roller?

I could be all wrong in my thinking. I just want to understand how it all works.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

looks like junk to me
  5. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Thats just GHETTO
  6. codywyomingus

codywyomingus LawnSite Member

"Junk" is a kind word for this item!!
  7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i second that. one big P.O.S.
  8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'm not saying at all whether this a good or bad product, but why is it that everyone is always so quick to trash an item that they have no experience with?

I really think people are just afraid of anything NEW or DIFFERENT.

Either that, or it's just in some peoples nature to assume the worst, or think negatively.

In the last couple weeks, I've posted several new products from eBay auctions and from ads that I saw in the trade magazines.
    And the posts are almost always negative. Even though they haven't even seen the product in person, let alone tried it.

I for one like to see new products and ideas. Even if it's not something I have a need for (that's a whole other discussion, people trashing products that they couldn't use in their operation, so it couldn't possibly be any good:rolleyes: ).

These products may not be for everyone, but there may be some people that would find them helpful.

For example, this striping roller. It may not be the best design, but it's very inexpensive. So maybe someone buys it and makes some small changes to it, maybe change how/where they mount it. And now they have a decent, cheap roller. Rather then spend a couple hundred for some of the others being offered.

If something's not for, it's not for you. It doesn't necessarily make it junk.
  9. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I do have experience in them, and know a good product when i see it. FIrst off the roller doesnt need to touch the ground, second a roller shouldnt drag behind a mower, looks like a real safety issue. This is the roller kits i build, which one would you rather have........

feb 008.jpg
  10. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

hey, does anybody know of any places I could find a decent striper for a 44" deck ZTR?