Striping ?'s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Feb 19, 2003.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I searched but couldn't find to much info. I just purchased a new ferris is Z1000 and when i tested them back in fall. And i couldn't remember if it striped well so would it be a + if i got a striping kit for it. I also live in the mid west and my walk behinds striped ok but with my region and an after market striping kit would be beneficial.
    Thanks Jason

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

www.elmlawnsite.com That has some really good pics of stripes and very informative. Eric put a lot of info in there, check it out if you haven't already.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hey! I got good news!

Find yourself a Simplicity dealer that carries their Derby line of mowers. The Derby Colt and Stallion are very similar machines to the Ferris and they share the same deck if I'm not mistaken.

The good news is that everything that Simplicity puts out has stripping rollers on the deck, including the Derby Colt and Stallion. They have a set of rollers that you could probably just bolt straight on.

So it should be as easy as locating a dealer and ordering the part for your deck size! Then you have a perfect fit with something really designed for the mower.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out!

By the way is yours the IS 1000 Z or the 1000 Z?

4. beran34

beran34 LawnSite Member

The simplicity derby line does not stripe ther is rollers between the tires but that doesnt help i have a colt and it leaves a very light stripe nothing big.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Weird... where do you have your roller adjusted?

6. beran34

beran34 LawnSite Member

Could you tell me how to adjust them there is two big rollers and there real high do you know how to adjust them?