1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striping Tips With Walk-Behind Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AbileneLawn&Grass, Feb 5, 2008.

1. AbileneLawn&Grass

AbileneLawn&Grass LawnSite Member

I have a Walk Behind Exmark 52" Turf Tracer HP, and just purchased a striping kit- Any good ways to not leave bad turnaround marks or techniques to not have them? Seen pics online but I'm guessing theyre all riders and have the foot petal deck raisers. Let me know what you do and pictures would be great! :weightlifter:
  2. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

I run hustlers with a very similar stripper and have no noticeable problem's the biggest thing on a walk behind would be your sulky.
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

just turn around on the absolute end of the run, then make a lap around the perimeter and erase all the marks. i always call it framing the painting but that may have something to do with my name.
  4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^ I do the same thing and it always works for me!
  5. atlcutah

atlcutah LawnSite Member
    from SLC, UT

make his turn onto the sidewalk to quick that the striper would always catch the edge and tear up the edge of the lawn. It ticked me off to see chuncks of grass missing from the edge of the lawn to the sidewalk. I dont know how he did it but whenever I mowed it never happened ( go figure huh). So just be careful coming off the lawn to the sidewalk and making your turn.