Striping w/ Viking

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TRX250R, Sep 3, 2003.

1. TRX250R

TRX250R LawnSite Member
    from RI

I have a Exmark Viking that think i'm having a problem w/. Every lawn I do I notice that my fixed deck Viking is leaving strips. They aren't bad, but they are their. I understand that a fixed deck you will get this from time to time, but I seem to be getting this to much. The person I bought this f/ told me when he bought it brand new that two of the blades took two spacers, but one took only one. All the blades are even, but this don't make sence. I contacted Exmark's about this, at first they seemed like they wanted to help me, but after taking pictures and sending it to them, i never heard back f/ them. I was just wondering if I should expect my mower to strip, or is their something more to it. Thanks for any info -Walter

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Walter,

I apologize if we did not get back with you. E-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com and let me know who you were working with.

From what you've described I am going to assume that by strip you mean it leaves an unlevel cut across the deck. The unlevel isn't uncut grass but grass that is cut at a different height? Let me know for sure. I'm also guessing that the strip is on one blade only.

Your deck should use the same number of spacers per blade. If you have one less spacer on one of the blades it should be cutting about a 1/4" higher than the other two.

You can verify this by matching the blades up tip to tip under the deck. They should match up with in a blade thickness.

Let me know if this makes sense with what youÂ’re seeing. If it's easier you can call me at 800-667-5296.

Thanks

Terry