striping with 36 in walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mountain Peak, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

ok guys. I've done my searches and look around different websites. I still am not really sold on a striping kit for my my 36 in walk behind. I've seen the proslides and am not sold on those either. Anyone have any ideas or suggestons?
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Rethink the proslide. email me for some pictures of what a proslide can really do. The pics i have are too large for the forum and right now I am having a hard time getting them smaller.
  3. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still not convinced on the proslide for the 36". it doesn't seem to me like it has the #@$ to drag 200lb. the deck of my 36 comes off the ground like nothing.

I made my own striping kits. I used ridged conduet as a roler threw some bearings inside and mounted it to the mower. It took a little while to work the kinks out. when I first installed it i tried to put it between the tires and deck but it moved just enough so the tire would rub on it when turning, so I moved it to the back behind the tires and that worked pretty good.
  4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Lsylvain, a buddy of mine here in Virginia has a Proslide on his eXmark 36 and reports it works well. I've met Justin and can tell you that he weighs easily 200 pounds. He's about 6-4 and not tubby, but I'm 190 and guarantee you he outweighs me by at least 10.

Check out this thread for his comments.
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

You are right about it popping wheelies. However I added 15 pounds to the front of the mower and wheelies were gone. I dont think I would ever trade in my proslide. Nice stripes and the ability to retract and walk if need be. by the way I am 225.