1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Striping with Everride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TN Property Services, Apr 8, 2007.

1. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

Pretty sure this is in the right spot, but if not mods & admins, please get me where I need to be.

I have a Everride Warrior w/ 52" deck. I primarily side discharge everything. The blades are sharp.

What are some of things besides a roller, chains, or a piece of rubber to help lay a better stripe with this equipment. I've looked in my manual but it says nothing about adjusting the deck for striping or quality of cut. It includes deck adjustments, but doesn't cover what the quality of cut will be after adjustment.

Thanks in advance.

2. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

On our 60" exmark we have 1/4" inch rake on the blades. With the blades placed straight front to back our front edge is 1/4" lower than the rear edge of the blade. 52" may be similar I would start with that and see how it works.
    Also I've heard that high lift blades create better stripes. I have only used standard blades. The cut quality stayed the same after we adjusted the deck and the stripes were a little better. A striping roller is the way to get the best stripes. It made a big diff. with ours.
    Do a search for "stripes" and you'll see a lot of info on here. Also go into the vendor forums i.e. exmark,hustler. Your question gets asked there a lot.