Striping????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC., Jul 13, 2005.

1. ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC.

ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC. LawnSite Member

I currently have a 52" Great Dane "Gateway". This mower will fold up to 36" so you can get through gates, but because of the wheels on it, it wont stripe good at all. Are there any ways to get it to stripe a little better, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Josh

2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Well...maybe go with a bit of heavy rubber or mudflap attached to the rear side of all the mower decks to within about 1/4" of the ground. The piece that folds up to fit thru the gate would take it's flap up with it, but would then return to stripe when that section is lowered back in place.

3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

mount a rubber flap between the drive wheels then put a rubber flap on the wing that folds. Only problem is drilling holes in the mower deck something I am not keen on . But thats what I was gonna do with mine. I love the gateway. we use it as our trim mower when we run a three man crew we also mow a huge pond area with it and never get stuck like we do with the other wb's

4. ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC.

ADVANCED LAWNCARE LLC. LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice guys, i think i will try the rubber mats and see how that works. thanks

josh