STRIPING

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNMOWERBOY, Mar 13, 2001.

1. LAWNMOWERBOY

LAWNMOWERBOY LawnSite Member
    from NEPA

WHAT DO YOU ALL RECOMEND AS THE EASIEST, MOST EFFICIENT MANNER OF STRIPING YOUR CUSTOMER'S LAWNS?

I HAVE LEARNED ALOT FROM THE BOARD THUS FAR- THANK YOU.

LB

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i myself usually mow vertically one time. the next time i mow horizontally. and then diagonal one way and the other way the next time. go to:
    http://www.elmlawnsite.com

eric has tips on striping, and numerous pictures of striping jobs. nice informative site

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, take 2 laps around the yard, then mow it vertical or horizontal or diaganal either way, and it will strip your yard like no other if you have a god machine.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Joshua...Where can I get one of those "God" machines? That might be exactly what I've been looking for to better my already awesome stripes! :)

5. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Look into some striping kits they really bend the blades!!! Much more definition .....well just go to Eric's site =)

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Just remember not to overlap the deck onto already mowed areas much and it's a no brainer. Just like Joshua said, a lap or to around the outside and up and down.

7. LAWNMOWERBOY

LAWNMOWERBOY LawnSite Member
    from NEPA

hello all-

sounds easy enough.

i thank you all for the info.

LB

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lawnboy:

The link they gave you is to my site, but for some reason it is down right now. I have a second site though, I have it linked to the little red house below until I get my main site back up. Sorry if you clicked that link and it didn't work. My old site has this info, plus some other pictures that are not on my main site.
    Eric

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Use the search feature on this forum. Tons of info.

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Glen,

For aethiests like yourself wouldnt that be like an application of round-up??

Just kidding dude - :) I couldnt resist.

Kris